The Housing Officer is responsible for providing developing professional relationships with tenants in order to provide high-quality comprehensive support to tenants. The Housing Officer will be a key contact for tenant responding to queries and working with tenants to ensure areas are minimised and tenancies are maintained wherever possible. The Housing Officer liaises with GHSH Caseworkers, other IAC departments and external agencies ensuring that the best possible solution is developed to meet the client’s ongoing needs.
A detailed response to the below selection criteria should be included with your application
- Provide details of Recognised tertiary qualifications, in Housing, Community Services, Social Work or relevant related area
- Detail your experience working in residential tenancy and property management
- Summarise your knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act 2010 and relevant legislation
- Provide examples of well-developed written & verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate your strong understanding and proven ability to engage with and work within the local Aboriginal Community
- Detail your understanding of issues and emerging trends relevant to low and moderate income household client groups
- Provide examples of your knowledge and understanding of social housing management practice and principles
- Demonstrate your experience working with other community groups, services, agencies and government departments
- Detail your computer skills and examples of programs, databases and systems used
- Confirm your Ability to undertake regular and overnight travel within Illawarra and regional NSW
Ensure all selection criteria are addressed in your application and cover letter. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
*This is an Aboriginal Identified position