OOHC Case Workers
The Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation (IAC) was formed in 1980 for the purpose of achieving excellence in providing advocacy and culturally appropriate services to meet the social, cultural and economic needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Illawarra Region.
The IAC child, youth and family service Myimbarr is a designated agency, authorised by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian to provide statutory out-of-home care services in NSW and a funded service provider delivering programs on behalf of NSW Family and Community Services to the Aboriginal community.
The Myimbarr PSP aim is to:
- Keep Aboriginal children and young people safe and protect children and young people from abuse and exploitation by offering a place of safety in times when it is needed
- Meet the child or young person’s physical, social, emotional, educational and cultural needs whilst within our program
- Assist in keeping children and young people in their families and community
- Support foster families provide the best possible care to meet each child’s unique needs
- Work intensively with birth parents and families to support change
- Deliver a Therapeutic Care model
- Deliver services meeting the NSW Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care
Case Workers are part of the Permanency Support Program team with the aim of providing child centric support of children and young persons (CYPs) in our foster care program. Case Workers are responsible for developing a Therapeutic Care Plan working with CYPs and families to ensure the CYPs are safe and improve their social, emotional, health and educational outcomes. To achieve this Case Workers will supervise and support of the care of CYPs and assist with the maintenance of connections with their natural family. This may include maintaining or establishing connection and working towards restoration with their natural family.
A detailed response to the below selection criteria should be included with your application
- Demonstrate your previous experience and knowledge of the Out of Home Care (Foster Care) sector
- Detail your qualifications in Community Services, Child Protection, Social Work or related field
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and proven ability to engage with and work within the local Aboriginal Community
- Detail your skills as an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate your strong written communication and report writing skills
- Provide details of strong computer skills including database entry, word processing and Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrate proven ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate experience and ability to work with other community groups, services, and agencies
Please download the full job pack for all details including pay.
*This is an Aboriginal Identified position