New Careers (NCAP) Advisor Illawarra
Warrigal Employment is IAC’s Aboriginal Employment, Training and Community Support unit aiming to improve the lives of Aboriginal people through training, employment, community involvement and community development. Warrigal Employment aims to
- ‘Close the Gap’ between the rates of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Employment
- Support Indigenous people to achieve their employment aspirations
- Provide Culturally appropriate programs to service the needs of the Local Indigenous Community
The New Careers for Aboriginal People (NCAP) is a NSW program aiming to increase the participation of Aboriginal people in the labour market by identifying, creating and supporting opportunities for sustainable education, training and employment.
The NCAP Officer is responsible for the delivery of a range of services to assist Aboriginal people to identify and overcome barriers to education, training and employment. The NCAP Officer is required to:
- provide services such as career planning, resume writing, assistance in job application writing, job interview techniques
- establish contacts with relevant Government agencies to ensure access to all available services for education, training and employment
- seek out employment opportunities by canvassing employers and developing and maintaining good relations with Job Services Australia (JSA) providers and other relevant local and community resources
- refer clients to training and employment opportunities
- promote the NCAP program to the Aboriginal community
A detailed response to the below selection criteria is to be included with your application
- Demonstrate experience providing advice, career planning, resume writing, job application assistance and interview skills coaching
- Provide details of Certificate IV in Employment Services or related field or evidence of capability to working towards gaining such qualifications
- Provide details of skills and experience building relationships with local organisations to identify and develop apprenticeship, traineeships and employment opportunities for Clients.
- Demonstrate experience building effective relationships with agencies, training provides and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide details of strong computer skills including database entry, word processing and Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrate your strong time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Please download the full job pack for full position description and more details.
This is an Aboriginal Identified Position