Driver Mentor/Instructor – Shoalhaven
Warrigal Employment are pleased to be now participating in the Driver License Access Program. This program aims to concentrate on the learning needs of participants and their approach to gain driving skills and provide mentoring for participants practising low risk driving in a car on public roads. We are seeking a part time driver mentor/instructor 28 hours per week for a fixed term until 30 June 2021 to provide driving supervision for on-road driving experiences and mentoring individuals through the licensing system to achieve the learning and practical outcomes including strategies and initiative to support licence retention. This position is for the Shoalhaven area and will be based at IAC’s office in Nowra. Driver training will be undertaken in an IAC company vehicle.
Please download the full job pack for full position description and more details. A detailed response to the below selection criteria is to be included with your application
Provide evidence you
- are 21 years or over and can operate a manual vehicle.
- have held a driver’s licence for at least three of the last four years (commencing at P1 stage).
- hold an authorised driving instructors (CERT IV Transport & Logistics) and a current NSW Class C Driving Instructor Licence or be willing to obtain
- have the TfNSW Helping Learners Drivers Become Safe Driving workshop or equivalent.
- Detail your experience coaching, training and/or mentoring to guide young people or demonstrate experience working with people from disadvantage backgrounds.
- Detail your experience and commitment to providing high quality customer service including punctuality, reliability and consistency.
- Demonstrate your understanding and ability to engage with and work within the local Aboriginal Community.
- Provide details and examples of your communication style.
- Detail your computer skills including database entry, word processing and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrate your proactive and adaptable work ethic, with ability to juggle multiple projects and issues with conflicting deadlines.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people that meet the selection criteria
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.